From Informal, Contemporary and Traditional Worship experiences – Main Street UMC has a variety of ways to worship the Lord that fits your lifestyle and schedule.
Weekly Service Times: (These are all pre-COVID days / times)
8:30AM – Informal Worship in the Sanctuary. Style of music reflects our heritage as Americam Methodists, camp meeting, gospel hymns.
8:45AM – Jubilee! Contemporary Worship in the Chapel
9:45AM – Sunday School for all ages
10:55AM – Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary. This is a more formal, liturgical worship that reflects more of the Anglican heritage of the United Methodist Church.
5:30PM – Oasis Service of Communion and Healing in the Sanctuary
5:45PM – Dinner in the Fellowship Hall until 6:45PM
6:15PM – Angel Choir, Cherub & Carol Choirs
6:30PM – Pastor’s Bible Study, Disciple Classes, Handbell Choir
7:00PM – Chancel Choir
Welcome to worship at Main Street United Methodist Church. When Christians worship, we step into an alternative world. Liturgy and ritual, hymns and prayers invite us into another landscape. God calls us to give our attention to the divine presence. In the name of Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we encounter a world hidden from our day-to-day perceptions.
Jesus’ words and the experience of his presence in word, song, art, and sacrament, peel back the rhetoric that pummels our eardrums and clutters our minds so that we are able to hear him say to us, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.” (John 14:27, NRSV)
• Main Street is a Stephen Ministry Congregation.
• Main Street is a Safe Sanctuary Congregation.
• You can now get a DVD of our church services. If you would like a copy of today’s service please contact Betsy at 993-3411 or by email at email@example.com.
• Please recycle discarded worship bulletins. Use the receptacles at the exits. Thank you.
• Please check out the latest newsletter at www.mainstreetumc.org.
• Should you need to step out during worship, you can go to the Parlor and still view and hear the worship service. Please see the usher if you need assistance.
• Main Street is on Facebook as well as Sermon Archives on YouTube.