Technology Ministries Director
Basic Function: Provides congregational, ministerial and staff support in the diverse areas of technology while developing a ministry team of volunteers to serve the technical needs of all of Main Street UMC’s ministries.
Qualifications: 1. Commitment and enthusiasm for the Christian faith
- Experience and education relevant to the position
- Strong interpersonal communications skills required and the ability to work with a team
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Services & Events:
- Responsible for the technical elements of all worship services
- Currently 9AM and 11AM Sunday morning (when able to, we will move back to 3 services on Sunday) and 5:30PM Wednesday evening Oasis service
- Recruit, train, equip and schedule a Technology Ministry Volunteer Team in the use of audio and video equipment to provide growth and enrichment for the church’s ministries
- Establish and maintain standards in audio and video ensuring a consistent worship experience
- Provide or arrange for technical & production services for all non-worship events such as children’s productions, weddings, and funerals
- Maintain audio, video, lighting and other technical elements on and off-campus
- Enhance and support the responsibilities of all ministers and staff utilizing the resources within the technology ministries area
Content & Production:
- Support ministers and service leaders through creation and production of content and any materials needed for all services & events, including high quality livestreaming of Wednesday and Sunday services to online platform(s)
- Work with the ministers and staff to coordinate the content of the worship services
- Produce and distribute content through various media for all services & events
- Ensure content meets church standards and requirements
Equipment & Network
- Maintain all personal computing devices owned by the church and in use by the staff in relation to church and ministerial operations
- Manage and maintain multiple networks for staff and church members’ use, while expanding and upgrading the network as needed
- Maintain all church-owned audio, video, computing, network and classroom A/V equipment
- Maintain an inventory of IT, sound, and media equipment
- Create user manuals for all equipment and update as needed
- Maintain related technical skills through training and on-going education.
Hours: Part Time employee (average 25 hours/week)
- 5 to 5.5 hours per week on Sunday morning for the worship services.
- 1 to 1.5 hours on Wednesday evening for the Oasis service.
- 3 to 3.5 hours per week in the office handling computer issues and attending the staff meeting with the worship planning team (remote allowed).
- Other hours will fluctuate with need and season.
- Some duties such as providing DVDs or doing post-production work may be handled from off-campus.
Contact: Tina Crew, Financial Secretary, MSUMC